Is mobility a complex issue for your company? This is very likely the case, since there are so many different mobility options available. But it does not have to be that way, because everything can be done so much easier. Market leader Olympus Mobility ensures the implementation of your mobility policy. Please read on, because we support this statement with a numerical example.
Published 20th of June 2021
Is mobility a complex issue for your company? This is very likely the case, since there are so many different mobility options available, e.g. train, tram, bus, metro, shared car, shared bike, etc. These options are also provided by a multitude of companies, including NMBS, De Lijn, MIVB, Tec, cambio, Blue Bike, Velo, Mobit, Swapfiets etc. If you then have to conclude a contract with all these different parties, apply for and process all the subscriptions for the employees separately and deal with all the individual tickets, it will quickly feel like the workload never ends. Then you will also have to deal with the expense bills that end up on your desk, one after the other. Mobility can indeed be an administrative nightmare.
But it does not have to be that way, because everything can be done so much easier. Market leader Olympus Mobility ensures the implementation of your mobility policy. We provide you with a complete and reliable mobility solution that manages your company’s mobility and takes the burden of monitoring mobility budgets completely out of your hands. The app also makes you money! Please read on, because we support this statement with a numerical example.
From expense bill to administrative simplicity with the Mobility app
Employers want to simplify as many processes as possible by digitising them. Olympus Mobility can help you with this, because we excel in everything related to digital mobility management. Olympus Mobility aims to greatly simplify the administrative nightmare inherent to mobility. That is in everyone’s best interest, including the employer and employees.
- Employees gain access to the Olympus app where they can purchase all single tickets, multi-ride cards, subscriptions, vouchers and/or transport tickets digitally. Interested in a free demo account? Your employees can choose from a wide range of sustainable transport options in complete freedom and simplicity and quickly and easily switch between the existing modes of transport. Another advantage? No prepayment is required from them, thanks to the budget provided.
The result? Pure time savings, less stress, greater peace of mind, a better work-life balance and increased productivity.
- If you, as an employer, make the Olympus app available to your employees, the burden of administration associated with mobility will become a thing of the past. No more collecting expense bills. The only administration left to you is to provide your employees with the Olympus app and to set the budgets that will allow them to use alternative means of transport. At the end of the month, you receive a single invoice that makes VAT recovery easy. A number of reports provide you with specific insight into the journeys taken by your employees.
The result? As a company, you save on costs for tickets and administration. The many mobility contracts and the collection of receipts, tickets and expense bills are finally a thing of the past. What a luxury!
We demonstrate the administrative simplification numerically
Is mobility an administrative nightmare? Unfortunately, that is exactly what it comes down to. Processing and handling of expenses related to mobility require extensive effort from different departments. Below is a brief outline of the process:
- The employee prepares and submits an expense bill.
- The manager checks the supporting documents, approves them and forwards his approval to HR.
- HR then arranges reimbursement through the payroll.
As you can see, many people end up spending hours processing one expense bill.
Below is a detailed and numerical overview of its financial impact.
We calculated the savings for one employee making one journey a month using the Olympus app, and contrast that with the manual processing of an expense bill.
The table below lists the different tasks for processing an expense bill, the number of minutes it takes to process it, and an extrapolation on an annual basis.
- A total of 342 minutes per year are spent manually processing 12 expense bills (1 per month) from 1 employee. That corresponds to 5.70 hours. At an hourly rate of € 45, that provides a total cost of € 256.50.
- If the employee uses the Olympus app for journeys, only 51 minutes of administration are spent on it on an annual basis. That corresponds to 0.85 hours, and a cost of € 38.25.
- The difference of € 218.25 is therefore considerable, as this exercise is based on only one journey per month and for one employee.
If we take into account the costs for the implementation of Olympus Mobility, the difference amounts to € 155. This is a considerable amount of money as this exercise is based on only one journey per month and for one employee.
Imagine the savings if you have 20 employees who make 2 or 3 journeys per month!
Just think of all those expense bills required to get kilometres allowances sorted out!
The calculation and payment of the kilometres allowances are time-consuming from an administrative point of view, and there is also room for improvement here.
Many companies encourage their employees to cycle to work by paying them a kilometres allowance. Follow-up and processing are often done using an Excel file. This is not only a time-consuming method, there is also always a risk of errors. The Olympus Mobility platform makes everything so much easier and more accurate.
In a previous blog article, we explained the benefits of kilometre registration, when it is permitted and how kilometre registration works in the Olympus app.
In this blog article, we calculate the time and money saved by handling the kilometres allowance through the Olympus app.
Employees and the employer are involved in the processing of the kilometres allowance.
- The employee must keep a record of all journeys, both commuting and business travel, and prepare an expense bill of them.
- The employer must check all this and pass on the final amount to HR for payment.
How do you make child’s play of mobility administration?
The solution? Let your employee keep track of their journeys through the Olympus app. It would also be a relief for them to put an end to all those expense bills required for the administration of their mobility.
- No more registration of every journey in an Excel file and the time-consuming collection of expense bills.
- At the end of the month, you receive a clear and concise report with the total kilometres allowance per employee.
- You can then pass on these reports to the social secretariat, and they take care of the rest.
According to our calculations, you can save as much as € 100 per journey with this method. Do your employees regularly use their own car for business travel? Then can you save a considerable sum of money by using the services of Olympus Mobility!
Ready to save time and money?
Feel free to ask the Mobility Team for more information. We will answer as soon as possible.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.