Mobility Week: the annual event where Koning Auto must retire and make way for sustainable mobility. From September 16 to 22, countless cities in Flanders (and Europe!) will focus on alternative means of transport. What’s on the program? Can you participate as a business?
An extensive agenda
About 1,500 initiatives are born at the “sustainable mobility festival”, all under the title #ledéfimobilité. Here’s what you can expect:
- On September 16, or Strap Day, thousands of children walk and cycle to school. A nice change from the boring back seat.
- September 18 is car-free Sunday. A well-known and popular initiative, since last year around 2 million Belgians took part. Even King Philip and his family hopped on their bikes!
- 22 September, the Sustainable Mobility Network will close the week with the Inspiration Day on ‘Behaviour in Change‘. Based on the data from the 30 Days Less Wagon challenge in June, they discuss the results and policy recommendations.
But this week is above all about your own initiative: how do you approach sustainable mobility? Will you take the train this week or will you opt for shared mobility?
Participate as an organization
Do you want to implement sustainable mobility in your organization soon? So this week is ideal as a trial!
With the Olympus app, you can easily manage:
- Expense notes. You will receive only one invoice, each time at the end of the month. This saves you around €155 per employee!
- Means of transport. In the Olympus management portal, you choose the options your employees have for moving.
- It is also advantageous for your employees: they only have one application to keep for all their means of transport. This way, everyone is easily #gettingyouthere. 😉
You want to try it out?
Our ambassador Tim Brys about sustainable mobility
Our ambassador Tim Brys presents you through this video his vision on, and the role of sustainable mobility in his life, and the partnership with Olympus Mobility.
This is how Mediahuis does it
During the Mobility Week, Mediahuis launches the communication about their Mobilotheek, through which the employees can try out multiple alternative mobility modes.