Olympus Mobility values your privacy. Although most information on this site is available without that personal data are required, it is possible that the user is asked for personal information. For example:
- Contact form
- Newsletter subscription
- Downloading the demo version of our app.
The processing of this personal data is based on the user’s consent given by entering the personal data.
The purpose of the processing is, depending on the case, the commercial contact name, the sending of the newsletter, the creation and installation of the demo account and demo App.
The data can be used for direct marketing of the Olympus services but the user can object, free of charge and upon request. For this purpose, he will turn to:
Ajuinlei, 1 – 9000 Gent
Your personal data is not sold to third parties and only used by Olympus Mobility itself and its possible subcontractors.
In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (“GDPR”) and the Law of July 30, 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data, the user has a legal right to inspect, correct and delete his personal data.
With proof of identity (copy of identity card) you can send a written, dated and signed request to:
Ajuinlei, 1 – 9000 Gent
obtain the written communication of your personal data for free.
If necessary, you can also ask to correct the data that would be incorrect, incomplete or pertinent or you can request that the data concerning you be deleted (as a result of which you can no longer receive the newsletter or use other services from Olympus Mobility).
You also have the right to obtain the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, customary and machine-readable form and you have the right to transfer this data to another controller.
You also have the right to request that we limit the processing if one of the following applies:
- a) the correctness of the personal data is disputed by the User during a period that allows us to check the correctness of the personal data;
- b) the processing is unlawful and the User opposes the deletion of the personal data and requests us instead to restrict its use and
- c) we no longer need the personal data for processing purposes, but the User needs it for the establishment, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim.
Olympus Mobility may collect anonymous or aggregated data of a non-personal nature, such as browser type or IP address, the operating program that you use or the domain name of the website from which you came to www.olympus-mobility.be, or through which page you leave. This allows us to permanently optimize Olympus Mobility for users.
To use the Olympus demo account, we request the following information:
- name and surname
- cellphone number
- e-mail address.
For the subscription to our newsletter and the contact form we request the following information:
- name and surname
- e-mail address.
Olympus Mobility is responsible for the processing of the personal data and ensures the confidentiality and security of the data. The personal data is stored until (1) the deletion requested by the user, or (2) a maximum period of 3 years after the end of the use for which the data was collected.
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small files stored by your browser when you visit this website.
There are several types of cookies that allow you to be recognised for various purposes. That includes storing your language preference, so visiting the Olympus Mobility website is more enjoyable and you don’t need to switch to your language every time you do so. Some cookies are anonymous, collecting information on how you use the website. Others aren’t anonymous and are used to customise pages to suit your preferences.
- What are the diffferent types of cookies?
We use three types of cookies on our websites.
Necessary (functional) cookies are needed to enable the website to function correctly. These cookies are needed for example to verify your identity when you log in or to save your choice of preferred language.
Analysis cookies anonymously collect information on how you use this website, so we can improve its general performance. They don’t identify you and only tell us what pages you look at and how long you stay on this website.
We also use a number of other cookies that don’t identify you to record your preferences or behaviour for various purposes:
- Functionality cookies make browsing more enjoyable, like ensuring that Olympus Mobility doesn’t ask you to fill in a survey you’ve already completed;
- Advertising and personalisation cookies collect information about your browsing habits with the aim of offering you advertising or content that may interest you;
- Tracking cookies follow your browsing behaviour on this website;
- Social media cookies are used to increase Olympus Mobility ‘s relevance and to measure the efficiency of our advertising campaigns on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- How long do cookies stay in your browser?
Session cookies are stored temporarily in your browser and removed automatically when you close it.
Persistent cookies stay in your browser, even after you close it. They allow us to recognise you when you visit our websites again. They stay on your device until they expire, are overwritten with a newer version or you delete them.
- Who installs and manages cookies?
First-party cookies are ones we install and manage ourselves and/or in cooperation with other parties, in which case we may share data with the parties in question.
Third-party cookies are installed and managed by third parties They are installed when you visit a website and are stored on a platform administered by that third party. Olympus Mobility has no access to this platform.
- What about your privacy?
Where Olympus Mobility uses third-party cookies (see section 4), Olympus Mobility makes sure that third parties have no means of identifying who you are from the data stored in those cookies.
- What effect does your cookie preferences have?
If you set your preferences on a page of our website, it applies to all pages of the Olympus website. Users of multiple browsers (like Internet Explorer, Safari or Chrome) have to set their preferences for each browser separately.
- How to change your cookie preferences?
- Accepting and declining cookies for this website
Select ‘Change cookie preference’ at the bottom of our website pages, then ‘More information on cookies’ to choose as appropriate.
- If you want to allow cookies, select ‘I accept cookies’.
Note that Olympus Mobility doesn’t legally need your consent to continue using essential cookies (see section 2). Even if you decline cookies, this type of cookie cannot be disabled.
- Certain browsers let you opt not to be tracked by websites (‘Do Not track’). Olympus Mobility only considers its own cookie mechanisms and does not support ‘Do Not track’.
- Accepting, refusing or deleting all cookies
Cookies can be disabled in your browser settings. You can also remove cookies already installed on your computer or mobile device at any time. Visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/ to see how to decline cookies in the commonest browsers.
- What if I change my preferences?
If you have accepted cookies for this website but change your mind later:
Olympus Mobility will cease storing new data from the moment that you reject cookies. If you change your cookie preferences at a later time and give consent for their use again, Olympus Mobility will add the new data to the previous data.